Wednesday, November 19, 2008

6 Items of Enlightenment

I was 'tagged' in my cousin's blog to list 6 things I've learned lately. Since John has been out of town and I had my 3 year old nieces over, I figured now was as good a time as any to list all of the stuff I've learned.

--I am self-sufficient and can keep myself quite busy when I'm on my own. I can fashion a ladder out of the tailgate of a pickup truck to change lightbulbs and can wrangle horses all by myself when they break through the fence.

--mixing equal parts applesauce and cinnamon makes a 'dough' that you can cut into shapes and dry to make Christmas ornaments. who knew?

--Apparently I am a girl, but look like a boy when I have a ponytail in....which doesn't sit too well with me since that's ALL the time. Thanks Ella.

--Pre-cut cookie dough with snowmen in the middle is the best invention ever. A great time saver and I'm still the "fun" aunt who helps them bake cookies.

--I have mommy intuition (auntie intuition) and super-human hearing and can hear a 3 year old crying at the other end of the house through closed doors and a running fan because her "leeping bag" got all mixed up and she can't "leep".

--It is completely pointless to organize the toys and try to keep them together with their respective pieces. 3 year olds (even more than 1 year olds) destroy everything and scatter it throughout the room within 10 minutes of waking up in the morning.

so there you have it. the 6 things i've learned lately. now...I tag Rachel and Tracy (cause i know you're regular readers)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Mindy - I haven't forgotten that I have to do this, but I can't think of anything that I've learned lately. :)