Since Halloween fell on a Saturday I was determined to make the most of it. We had plans to go to our friends Cori and Chris in the evening, but I thought I would take Jackson to Meijer in the morning to do some trick-or-treating in the store. We also had to visit mom and dad, cousins, and John's daughter, so it was a busy day!
I dressed Jackson in a spiderman costume thinking that it wouldn't be much different than drssing him in regular clothes. I was wrong. He HATED the costume and cried the whole way to Meijer. We met Sue and Simon at Meijer and neither of the boys were thrilled to be there. Jackson just plain hated being in a costume and Simon was afraid Jackson was going to steal his candy. Couple that with Simon roaring like a dinosaur and Jackson crying through most of the store and it made for a quick trip!
After Meijer it was lunch/naptime, but Jackson didn't want to nap. He finally fell asleep about an hour and a half after we put him down and then we had to wake him up to go see grandma/grandpa. I knew it was going to make for a LONG night for all of us. He was going to be a lion for trick-or-treating since the costume would be warmer than Spiderman. We got to my parents and put the costume on him and he screamed some more. He hated every minute of it. Jackson's cousins were at grandma/grandpa's so it was fun to see them all dressed up. After a quick hello it was off to Chris and Cori's for some food and fun with the kids. Jackson pulled out every toy he could find in their garage and he definitely kept us busy. After a while the dads took the kids trick-or-treating (thanks dads!) and it was apparent that we need to get Jack acclamated to city life. He would run into the street, pull up plants in people's landscaping, etc... After about 15 minutes John took him back because he couldn't get past the playsets in everyone's backyard. He wanted to stop and play in all of them. I guess the concept of trick-or-treating is lost on a 22 month old. Once they came back to Chris/Cori's it was time for us to leave. Neither of us had the energy to keep up with the little lion. So, we went to see our cousins who live 1 block over. They had a playroom and Jackson was content to play while we got a tour of their house, but getting him to leave was another story. More tears and frustration before finally getting him in the car to go see John's daughter. We took his costume off for the ride and when we got to her house we had to put it back on him which resulted in yet another round of tears. They got to see him as a lion for about 2 minutes before the costume came off. Thankfully after that he was a happy camper and played with their kitty before heading home (with no tears, whew).
Overall it was a great night with friends, but I'm hoping for a little less activity next year. I'm also hoping that by next year Jackson understands the concept of an extra hour of sleep. He woke up before 6:00 this morning. ugh.
The boys at Meijer
Simon the dinosaur dressed up as a cow
Jack the Lion
cute little cow
Beautiful princesses
Lions, gators and cows. Oh my!
A vampire girl and a scurvy pirate. Arrrgh!
Playing with the tractor (of course) at Cori's
This is the best shot we got of all of the kids.
Skittles for supper. why not?
2 comments:
Ha! Had a good laugh at your halloween day, must say I'm impressed with how good your pictures turned out with a crabby lion/spiderman :) I wouldn't hold your breath on next year, we made it to 3 houses maybe before Ryer was done, Morgan only lasted 3 more before she decided she'd rather hand out candy... Lauren on ther other hand would have gone all night!
We really need to thank our children for providing such great holiday memories for us! I was laughing out loud, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment