Saturday was my dad's birthday and rather than try to get everyone together for a separate party for Jackson (birthday on the 11th), we decided to combine them. I'm not sure if Jackson knew instinctively that the presents were for him, or if he just randomly opens presents when he sees them, but 2 presents were opened when we weren't looking. After that we put the presents up so he wouldn't be so distracted.
Since Jackson loves riding on the tractor and dad is restoring an old John Deere 40, I made a "Johnny Tractor" cake for them. It seemed fitting, and even though it turned out ok, I don't think I'll do it again. It was expensive, messy, and time consuming. AND, Jackson took one bite and spit it out and ate a bowl of ice cream instead. I do have to make a cake for his birthday party this weekend with John's family, but I don't think it will be quite so involved.
All in all it was a fun night with family and I don't think Jackson minded sharing a birthday party with grandpa one bit!
Opening his "sit-n-spin" from uncle Tim and aunt Dianah
while mommy was decorating the tree and daddy
was supposed to be watching him
We enlisted Jackson's help decorating the tree to keep him out of trouble
enjoying his new toyOpening his "Tag Jr. reading system" from grandpa and grandma
A shape-sorting barn from uncle Mike and Aunt Susan
the birthday boys checking out their cake
hmm...no thanks. can I just have some ice cream instead?
Mint Chocolate Chip!
Poor Johnny. :-(
1 comment:
AWESOME looking cake!! Are you for hire :) Also, your new header photo of Jack in the snow is ADORABLE, that needs to be your Christmas card!!! Anxious to see what cake #2 ends up to be....
Post a Comment