I can't believe it's been 5 years already. I guess time flies when you're having fun! I'm not really sure what to write today, but feel like I should write SOMETHING. So, I thought I'd share some tidbits about us:
1. Where/How did you meet? We used to work together at Nextel and met there. When I first saw John I turned to my friend and said "I wouldn't mind at all if my husband turned out to look like that someday". Little did I know.....
2. How long have you known each other? Almost 8 years
3. How long did you date before you were engaged? 2 years
4. How long have you been married? 5 years
5. Most special moment of your wedding day? The whole thing. I LOVED everything about my wedding day--getting ready, taking pictures, the ceremony, the reception. All of it. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
6. Any funny moments of your wedding day? One of the buttons on John's coat popped off during the ceremony and rolled down the steps. The funnny part was seeing the entire wedding party's heads turn and watch it as it went. I doubt anyone in the congregation could even see the button.
7. Greatest strength as a couple? Do I have to pick one? Respect, honesty, friendship and faith are probably at the top. We respect eachother's opinions (even though they rarely match our own), we are honest with eachother, we truly have a great friendship, and our faith in God helps keep us strong even through the tough times.
8. Greatest challenge as a couple? We don't agree on ANYTHING. He says black, I say white. he says up, I say down. Surprisingly enough, we rarely fight. We usually just agree to disagree and move on. When it comes to the important things, we're on the same page, but put us together to do a house project and it's a recipe for disaster.
9. Are your wedding bands engraved? Yes. both say "love never fails"
10. How old were you when you got married? I was 28, John was 44 (try not to dwell too much on it. It is what it is. :-))
11. What is your favorite thing about your husband/wife? There are a lot of them--his work ethic, his sense of humor, his eyes, his smile, but absolute TOP on my list is that he's a good dad to his daughters and to his new little boy. I LOVE to watch him interact with Jackson and see how he geniuinely enjoys getting down on the floor and playing with him. I can't wait to see what the next 5 years bring for us! And especially for those two. I am so excited to watch Jack be an "outside boy" just like his daddy. Thank you God for an amazing husband and for the many many many blessings you have provided us in our marriage.
Here is a picture from our wedding day. I would post a more current one, but we were both much better looking back then!
1 comment:
Congrats, Mindy & John! You look awesome in that photo!
Post a Comment