Friday, August 14, 2009

Sprinkler Fun?!?

Summer is officially here (finally!) and it's making me a little nostalgic for my childhood. Remember when you were a kid and one of the highlights of summer was being able to put on your bathing suit, gather up all of the neighborhood kids and run through the sprinkler? Nevermind the fact that we had a pool in our backyard, there was nothing like running through the sprinkler. We would run alone, we would run together, we would run directly into the spray, we would run through the "outside" spray, we would run through to see if we could do it without getting wet. Yessir, there's nothing quite like running through the sprinkler on a hot summer day.



Wait a sec. did i say run THROUGH the sprinkler? I'm sorry. I meant "stand at least 10 feet away from that thing spraying water and cry every time your mom tries to get you to go near it."


No matter what I did these boys wanted nothing to do with the sprinkler. I even tried showing them how fun it is to "play the piano" across all of the little sprays of water. It didn't work. They ended up playing in the sandbox in their bathing suits. Oh well. maybe next time.

No comments: