Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My first "food"

Jack went in for his 4 month checkup yesterday and he's doing great. He's in the 25th percentile for height and weight (13lbs 13oz, 24 1/4 inches) and in the 60th percentile for his big noggin! I hated seeing him get his "pokes" but John was there to hold his arms and by the time we got him dressed he was smiley again (the smiles quickly faded when we got home and we had one crabby baby on our hands, but a little Tylenol took care of that). The Dr. said that we could start giving him rice cereal and/or baby food 0-2 times per day if we would like to. He used the expression "food for fun" because right now he still needs to get all of his calories from milk, but if we want to we can start giving him cereal between feedings.


Of course I couldn't resist the opportunity to start feeding him like a big boy so I gave him some cereal this afternoon. He wasn't quite sure what to think of it, but I think overall he enjoyed it. Anything has to be better than drinking his meals for the past 4 months, right?


What is this stuff?


Too much mom!!!



hey, not bad!


1 comment:

Jane said...

Looks like the "food for fun" turned out to be pretty fun! Although his shirt seems to indicate that he would like chocolate instead of rice cereal. :)