Tuesday, April 1, 2008

If at first you don't succeed...

Today was Jack's first day in his exersaucer. He has been lifting his head up ever since he was born, and he sits in his Bumbo seat, so I assumed he'd also be able to sit in his exersaucer. I was wrong. when I first put him in there he was like a weeble-wobble and his body flopped all over, hitting every side of the seat. Then I tucked a towel in behind him and that seemed to help. He enjoyed looking at all of the toys, but pretty quickly started making a lot of noise, so I assumed he was getting frustrated. (his little legs don't reach the ground yet and he doesn't know what to do with the toys). I took him out and he cried and cried until I put him back in. I guess he liked it more than I thought. He still doesn't really know what to do with all of the toys, but he seems to enjoy looking at them. Amos, on the other hand, wasn't sure what to think of it all. The exersaucer must have tuckered Jack out because soon after I took him out of it, he fell asleep. It was a little early for his nap, but I'm not complaining! We'll give it another try tomorrow....

No comments: