Ok, I've always shopped the Sunday ads and try to plan my grocery list around sales, but I've never been much of a coupon clipper, nor did I pay attention to matching up coupons with sale items. This week I was introduced to a few websites by other moms trying to save money. I figured I'd check some of them out and give their ideas a try. I went to Meijer yesterday and between coupons and sale items, I saved over $36 on my grocery bill. Not too bad for my first try! I figured I would share a couple sites with anyone who is reading this and might be interested.
This was my favorite--She matches up the weekly ads with coupons in the Sunday paper or coupons you can print online. Because the closest store for me is Miejer, this link goes right to the Meijer portion, but if you click along the right-hand side, you can get the deals at other stores and also money saving hints, recipes, summer craft ideas, etc... The only downside (which isn't a big deal to me, but it might be to some) is that in order to print coupons from some sites you have to register, which takes time, but you only have to register once. http://mommysnacks.blogspot.com/search/label/Meijer
This is a link to "Meijer Mealbox". There are additional coupons on this site that aren't in the weekly ad and they also help you plan your meals around sale items, coupon items: http://mealbox.meijer.com/index.jsp
And www.coupons.com is a site of printable coupons. I give this a once-over before going to the store just to see if there is anything on my list that I can print a coupon for.
Maybe I'm the last to find out about all of this stuff, but at least I found it! If any of you have any other sites you'd like to share, please leave a comment and let me know!
2 comments:
Have you checked out "The Grocery Game" site? I am tempted to do the $1 trial but I haven't yet. If you try it please let me know what you think.
There are A LOT of tips at Money Saving Mom. Probably too much info if you ask me. I don't do all the CVS or other store stuff she has on there, but I like to get some free samples if it is something I can use. I also like to know about special days at stores when you can get free ice cream, coffee,etc.
Tracy,
I did check out The Grocery Game, but didn't want to pay the $1. I think that's where I downloaded a .pdf that talks about sale cycles, knowing the rock bottom prices of the items you frequently buy and stocking up, etc... I was tempted to do the $1 trial, but i dont' know what she'll tell me that these other sites havent. why don't you give that a whirl and let me know how it is? :-)
Post a Comment